Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Back from the dead....

Hello.... is anyone there? I know it has been 9 months since I last posted anything regarding our family and now I am back from the dead. There has been much that has happened during the two seasons that have gone by so I will do a short and sweet condensed version of the happenings in the Wettstein household:

October/November 2009 :
1. We convinced Shon to go to California for a few days and hit Disneyland. We happened to go on Avery's birthday which made it very fun for her. We had such a wonderful trip. We stayed with Shon's aunt and uncle for a few days and hit the beach and just enjoyed So. California. The weather was beautiful and I was not anxious to return to the snow in Utah. We enjoyed In & Out burger (more then once) and Shon surfed with Uncle Craig.
2. Disneyland was a great experience for our kids. The only word to describe it is MAGICAL! The girls wanted to meet the princesses and we stood in line for.....yes....an hour and a half. I thought I was going to die but once we met them it was all worth it. The look on our girls faces were priceless. Shon and I both had a tear in our eye because they were so in awe of all the princesses that they have watched and come to love. Taylor had to touch their faces to see if they were real. The wait in line was worth it. Since it was Avery's birthday she wore a badge that said "It is my birthday" and several people wished her a happy birthday. She felt so special. The girls ask us often if we can return to Disneyland. We have to convince Shon one day that there is enough $ in the budget to return.
(First visit to the beach)

(Enjoying In-N-Out Burger)

(Tea cups at Disneyland)





(Halloween 2009)



3. Later that month Shon and I left for a few days to Las Vegas. We left the kiddos with Grandma Critchfield and hit the road. Grandma is such a trooper. I have very high energy kids and I know they just about kill her every time she watches them. I forget that my mom is not as young as she once was, even though she looks fabulous for her age. We are always grateful to her for helping us out with our kids. It is such a blessing to live near family again. We really missed that when we were in Colorado...... (So back to our trip to Las Vegas). While we were away we discovered something exciting and new, we are expecting baby #3. We are very thrilled. I am a little worried about being able to keep up with 3 kids so I guess I better figure it out because there is no turning back.



4. November, December, January:
Let's just say that life in all areas was put on hold because I was constantly sick. We were all in complete survival mode. I was convinced that we were having a boy because I have never experienced morning sickness to the level I did with baby #3. Somehow I did survive and once I was prescribed Zofran, life was full of sunshine and lollipops (at least until the third trimester).



5. Feb 2010:
I realized that I don't have a clue how to read my body because baby #3 is a GIRL. Let's be honest, I did shed a little tear for the fact that we may never know what it is like to have a baby boy. We LOVE and treasure our little girls. They are beautiful, full of love and goodness and so much energy and with that comes a lot of dramatic moments. I am a little nervous about adding to the crazy drama that comes with all the estrogen and I really don't know how Shon survives (maybe it is because he has a job that takes him away for the majority of the day). He is such a trooper and really is excited about having another girl. After I had my small teary moment, I thought about our little #3 girl and couldn't be more thrilled. We can't wait for her to arrive. We have the only girls on my side of the family so I guess we are contributing in a small sort of way.

19 wks- Ultrasound day


(Sharing the news that they are going to have a sister)



6. May:
Taylor turned the big 3. I can't believe that our little Taylor Mae is a big girl now. She is starting preschool in the Fall and can't wait to leave me. She has such a fun loving personality and I find myself constantly laughing at her little mannerisms. She is such a comedian and we can't wait to see what she will do next. Taylor holds her own with Avery and sometimes I have to come to Avery's defense because Tay Mae doesn't hold anything back. She is a little spit fire and we love her so much. She wanted to have a Dora birthday party and so we invited some of her little friends and had a fun Dora adventure. It was a lot of work but she enjoyed it.

(Shon was Swiper the Fox)


Taylors first dentist appt. Her teeth look great....(thank you very much!) and she was a fab. patient.



7. Avery started playing soccer this Spring. She began the season full of energy and by the end we had to bribe her to finish each game with a bag of Skittles. I had no idea how motivating Skittles could really be but they are for her. Skittles also gave her the ability to over come her fear and actually give her first scripture/prayer in Primary. Our little Ave is growing up so much and has become my little helper. She LOVES to organize and clean up the house. Every day she asks me if she can make my bed and organize my room. At first I was a little apprehensive because things were misplaced and I couldn't find what I needed but then I discovered that I need to encourage her to do the things that she finds enjoyment in (especially if it is going to help me in the long run). Avery is going to be so helpful once little Addison arrives. I love my Little Lady.

(First day of soccer)


8. Shon has been busy with work and is really enjoying his job with Intermountain Health Care. He is learning a great deal and feels that there is a lot of potential to grow in his career. We are just grateful to be where we are in our lives right now and grateful that we listened to the promptings that we received to bring us to this place in our lives. Shon is so active and busy that he is trying to get everything in before baby Addison arrives. He is very good about getting things done around the house (mowing the lawn, etc) so he can enjoy golfing, road biking, mountain biking and soft ball. I thought I was the social bee in the family but I think he takes the title. He has been very busy being the Young Men's President and he really loves that calling in the church. I think Heavenly Father knows that he needs some time away from all his girls and needs some male interaction. I really don't know what we would do without Shon. He is our leader and the glue that holds this family together. I couldn't ask for a better partner in life. I love you babe.


(An injury after the 2nd game of softball. Shon can't play without spraining or breaking something)

(Shon's 34th b-day in Park City)



9. As for me, I am only a few weeks away from having a baby. I am anxiously awaiting our little Addison Lynne to arrive. I can't wait to meet her and see what she looks like. This is such a fun time (except for all the discomfort, swelling and weight gain :) I am looking forward to enjoying the latter part of the summer after she is born and being able to bond with my little girl.


29 wks

34 wks

So in a not so short condensed way that is what we have been up to for the past 9 months. I am hoping to find the ability to keep this blog updated on a regular basis, so if anyone is there or even cares I hope to hear from you soon.

xoxo

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Emily, enjoyed reading your updates. You look very well and very pregnant!! Not long to go now. Keep me posted and hope everything goes exceptionally well.
Love, Carol x

Jut and Char said...

We are watching and we are so excited for you guys and your upcoming addition. We love our three little girls but I totally understand your tear at the knowledge that she was a girl but she will bring such joy. The only pregnancy that I truly didn't care what the baby was, was Benson and both Jut and I were very surprised to be told that he was a boy. I think Jut was even a little disappointed at first. By the way did you notice your post is dated Nov. 2009? Good luck with the delivery, we will look forward to the news!
Char

Unknown said...

Congrats Em!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new one!! I'm sure she will be adorable just like your other two girls!!