I am a major slacker. After a friend called me out today for my lack of blogging I thought I better post a few pics and update what has been happening at our home. We have had a very busy Fall and it seems to only get busier. As always, our family looks forward to football season. We love going to BYU football games with my family the Critchfields. We have had our season tickets in portal zz for as long as I have been alive. With our growing family, my parents tickets seem to grow as well. We are grateful to Grandpa Critchfield for allowing us to continue to enjoy this fun family tradition. I remember as a child my parents asked if we would like to have football tickets or go on a family vacation. We always chose season football tickets and today we continue on with the tradition. I must admit that I am not as much of a "die hard" fan as most of my siblings. My sisters like to go to the football camps and read the sports blog and study the roster. I guess my focus is not as strong but I still consider myself a true blue football fan. I am grateful that Shon cheers for BYU and that it is something we can both enjoy together.
We also decided to take a trip to visit Shon's family in Ontario, OR. Shon grew up on a farm with aunts, uncles and cousins. I ALWAYS enjoy when we pull into town and hear all of Shon's stories.... "I remember when...." or "That was the place where...." I love that the girls are able to see where their dad grew up. We were fortunate to stay with Shon's grandma, who is 94 years old. I worried about being a burden for her but I was amazed to find that she has more energy then me. She made our meals and washed our clothes. She was such an inspiration to me. I am grateful that my kids and I have such a wonderful woman to look up to and learn from.
A few weeks ago we went to visit Gardner Village to see all the fun witches they have on display. We went with Grandma Critchfield and cousin Taten and the girls were so excited running from place to place in search of all the witches. My girls love the Wizard of Oz and this year for Halloween still want to be little witches. I remember as a little girl watching the Wizard of Oz with my friend Katie and hiding every time the witch would come out. I remember having the same excitement when I was young wanting to dress up as a witch for Halloween.






I also had the chance to meet up with a bunch of sisters from my mission. It has almost been 10 years since I left for my mission, which is hard to believe time has flown by so quickly. A bunch of us met for dinner downtown at the Himalayan Kitchen and had curry dinner in remembrance of the many curry dinners we had in England. As we were all sitting around reminiscing about our missionary memories we all realized that at some point we all served in the same area called Todmorden. It was fun to recall all the great people we met, funny experiences as well as incredible spiritual moments. Life changing for all of us. I just love all these girls. I didn't have the chance to be companions with all of them but was fortunate to get to know them all pretty well. We home to make this a tradition every Oct. just before general conference

This is also a cute picture of the girls at Papa Fisher's B-day bash.
A few weeks ago we went to visit Gardner Village to see all the fun witches they have on display. We went with Grandma Critchfield and cousin Taten and the girls were so excited running from place to place in search of all the witches. My girls love the Wizard of Oz and this year for Halloween still want to be little witches. I remember as a little girl watching the Wizard of Oz with my friend Katie and hiding every time the witch would come out. I remember having the same excitement when I was young wanting to dress up as a witch for Halloween.
I also had the chance to meet up with a bunch of sisters from my mission. It has almost been 10 years since I left for my mission, which is hard to believe time has flown by so quickly. A bunch of us met for dinner downtown at the Himalayan Kitchen and had curry dinner in remembrance of the many curry dinners we had in England. As we were all sitting around reminiscing about our missionary memories we all realized that at some point we all served in the same area called Todmorden. It was fun to recall all the great people we met, funny experiences as well as incredible spiritual moments. Life changing for all of us. I just love all these girls. I didn't have the chance to be companions with all of them but was fortunate to get to know them all pretty well. We home to make this a tradition every Oct. just before general conference
This is also a cute picture of the girls at Papa Fisher's B-day bash.

7 comments:
I know these pics are kind of hard to see, so I have posted them on facebook as well.
wow. You really went all out. Cool stuff.
Hey I have a couple of "I remember when shon..." stories as well. Maybe I should give you a tour of his old stomping grounds.
hey emily, i finally found your blog! i love those pictures of your girls on the side. you are a beautiful family!
I have been such a slacker too with the blog. It's so fun to see pics of your cute family. Let's please try to get together sometime when we are in UT. We would love to see you!
You have been a busy girl. I can't wait to see your picts from CA and how the girls reacted.
Hey there! I'm going private. Leave your email on my blog :0)
Post a Comment