Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We certainly did and recognize all of our blessings. God has been very good to us and we are grateful for the chance to celebrate the birth of the Savior. This Christmas was very different for our family. We now have children that understand Christmas, the reason why we celebrate and all the excitement that comes along. I now get why my mother found so much joy in watching all of her kids enjoy Christmas day. It is so magical. Avery and Taylor loved to sing the carols and look at the nativity. Avery loved decorating the tree and wrapping the presents although I think she LOVED unwrapping them more. Taylor followed her sister and would try and say "Jesus" when I would ask them "whose birthday do we celebrate?" The girls loved the idea of Santa and Avery really understood what he was all about. This year was the first time during the last 4 years that we haven't traveled through the snow to be with family for the holidays. It was SO WONDERFUL. I love being in my home with my family, creating our traditions, relaxing, enjoying and loving each other. It was great.
Christmas Eve was very fun. Avery and Taylor helped me make cookies for Santa. Shon suggested white chocolate chip cookies because he "knew" that was Santa's favorite!! Then we talked about the Christmas story (condensed version because their attention span lasts about 2 min.) and sang some carols. We opened some new pj's to sleep in and got the girls ready for bed. Avery slept in our room on her mattress because we had a feeling that Santa was bringing something special for her room. Christmas morning came very early. Avery woke up at 5:45 am and said, "I want to see if Santa ate my cookies." I was so tired and shocked that at 3 years old she couldn't wait to experience Christmas. She first walked into her room and saw that she had new bunk beds for her and Taylor. I don't think I have ever seen her so thrilled. We could have ended the day right there and she would have been satisfied. It was exciting to see both Avery and Taylor enjoy the excitement of Christmas morning. Later that morning, Shon's parents and Grandma Adamson (or "GG" for Great Grandma, that's what the girls call her) came over for brunch. It was so nice to spend time with them, eat some yummy food and open gifts. We tried out my favorite new toy that Santa brought....Cocomotion. It is fabulous. It makes the best hot chocolate ever. We really enjoyed our visit with them.
Later we drove over to see my family and have dinner with them. All of my brothers and sisters where there except for David & Bonnie. We really miss them, and there was a part of me that wished I was with them in sunny Arizona. It was so great to relax and enjoy being with family. This is what I missed when I lived in Colorado. Family. It is wonderful being home and spending time together. Have I mentioned how much I love living back in Utah?
This was the first Christmas in a very long time that we experienced a proper white Christmas. It snowed ALL DAY LONG! Shon had to shovel 3 times and our walk ways still were not clear. It now seems as though a snow blower would have been the best gift under the tree this year. Because we live just up on the mountain we received about 2 ft. of snow! I can't believe how much is out there. All in all Christmas was great. I hope all of you had a wonderful day as well!

All the girls baking Santa some cookies. Can you tell how excited they are?

Christmas morning! "Merry Christmas Daddy.....now go shovel the walks!"

Avery's princess dress ups and her bunk bed



Santa's cookies....."Mommy, he really did come!" (Avery)


Avery's darling bear from Grandma and GG Fisher! They are SO Cute!


Andie, the reindeer!


Avery's crib for her baby


Another cute bear from Bonnie & Dave- they are incredibly soft! I need to get one for me.


Taylor's baby and stroller. She is a little mommy!

The grand kids got piggy banks from G & P Critch


Lace, me and Jen

This is my cute nephew Jacob. He decided to wear my hat.

Jordan and Lacey


Me and Tay

My cute nephew for the longest time would never cuddle with me or let me hold him. This Christmas, Jacob gave me the best gift. He actually wanted to sit my my lap and continually said my name. I just love this little boy. I want to bring him home with me, he is such a sweet boy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Merrry Christmas Emily!! Looks like you had a great time and what a fun trip to Hawaii!! That is what i need! Hope you have a great New Year!!

Peerys Posse said...

Darling pictures. I have not been on the computer for a long time. Your kids are so cute. I am glaad you had a great christmas. Hope to get together soon.
Love ya
Tracy

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

Glad you had such a great Christmas. Nancy Johanson left a comment on my blog that she needs your email because a friend in common would like to send a wedding invite. I don't have your email so if you want to go to her blog and leave her a message.

betsy clayton said...

hey, emily. cute pics! your girls are so cute! we need to get the kids together at chick fil a sometime!