Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kauai

I thought I would post a few pictures from our trip to Kauai earlier this month. The trip was amazing and just what the Dr. ordered. Being a mom, I tend to burn out quickly and a week relaxing was what I needed to recharge. After uploading the pics, I realized that I loaded them in the wrong order....sorry. The first couple of pics were after we returned home. Avery & Taylor were so excited to see us, and I was very happy to be home with them again. Avery began to cry when she looked through the window and we were standing there. I have to admit it brought a tear to my eye and I was glad that she missed her mom & dad.

This was my favorite beach. Hanalei bay, on the north shore. It is honestly one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. This is a great spot for surfing. We spent a few days up at this beach hanging out surfing and reading a book. It was so relaxing and wonderful!



This is Shon and his brother Joey surfing at Hanalei Bay. They had a lot of fun trying to ride the waves.

My friend Robyn visits Kauai often and told me of this awesome place called Puka Dog. Now I know the sound of the name isn't that appealing, but it was one of the highlights of the trip. They sell these hot dogs with different kinds of sauce. I got the coconut sauce and it was incredible. Thanks for the hot tip Robyn!




We had to hit a luau since I have never been to one. It was a really fun show and just what I imagined it to be. It was a really fun night for us.


Us enjoying the luau. Cheese!



Shon on our hike to the waterfall on the Na Pali coast. He looks very Hawaiian in this pic!

This is blurry but Shon swam over to the waterfall and played underneath it. He is such a dare devil. I didn't get into the water because it was like 40 degrees! Okay, maybe not that cold but it was really cold compared to the ocean.


Kerri, Dave & Joey enjoying the freezing water



The waterfall after our 4 hour hike!



The Na Pali coast from our hike along the mountain. The views of the ocean were magnificent.








Kerri & Dave......

We heard that the only way to enjoy the island was in a convertible. So Shon flirted with the girl at the rental company and got her to upgrade us for free. Shon is all about the deals!









This is the sunrise. Our condo was about 50 ft. from the ocean. It was incredible to wake up and see the sun rise over the ocean. I loved waking up, reading my scriptures and writing in my journal. It was very therapeutic.


2 comments:

Carol said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time and what a nice thing to do by taking a break just before Christmas!! I guess you'll now be nice and refreshed to enjoy this special time of year. Thanks for sharing your photo's.

Don said...

I'm jealous! We loved Kauai too.