Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy


I have been so busy that I have failed to make time for my blog. My kids demand most of my time (as they should) but I finally found a moment to myself....(sigh). Does anyone else feel exhausted at the end of each day? The only other time I remember feeling this way was in England as a missionary. I guess it is a good thing. I feel as though I accomplished something if I am tired at the end of each day.

We love being back in Utah. We even love our home, ward and friends (old and new) more. This last Sunday Shon and I spoke in church and I had this incredible feeling of unity and a sense of family as we spoke. It has been a long time since we have been in a ward that is really close and cares so much for one another. We really prayed for a ward and neighborhood where we could find people with common interests and a place where we would be strengthened and uplifted. Boy have our prayers been answered. There are so many wonderful families in our ward and both Shon and I feel like we have begun to make life long friends. It really is such a great feeling to know we are where we are suppose to be. The other day I drove up by the temple which is being built. It is about 3 min. from our house and it will be finished at the end of this year, or beginning of next year. It is beautiful. I am so grateful to be near a temple again. Last week my mom watched the girls and I met Shon downtown at the Salt Lake temple. Since he works across the street we figured it would be easy and fun to hit a session late in the day. It was so great. Shon had never been to an endowment session in the Salt Lake temple and I thought we better go. We had a great time and I think we will make this temple a habit each month until our new temple is completed. I love that temple because of the history. I am just so grateful to be alive at this time.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

sorry we did not meet up this week. Are you heading somewhere fun this weekend?
My kids love seeing the Draper temple being built. Everyday they make a comment..."look mom, it's getting more done everyday!!"
What a nice treat it will be to have it so close.