Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The "TAYLORNATOR"




Last week we had a bit of an accident. My friend was watching the girls so I could run some errands. Just before I picked up the girls Taylor had an accident and fell which resulted in a fracture in her right femur and her left tibia. We spent a night in the E.R., had the police called for fear of abuse (they said it was just routine... but I was freaking out), and while we were in the E.R. I encountered a dose of the stomach flu. It was a very stressful night. The Co. Springs chief of police lives two doors up from us and called us the next day, surprised to find our report on his desk. He told us that the detective ruled the case as an accident...so we were all relieved, because that is exactly what it was....a terrible accident. The Dr.'s all told us that the story matched the injuries, however there was one nurse in the E.R. that said it didn't.... so he called the police. It was crazy and I couldn't believe it. I don't know if I feel worse for my poor Tay Tay or my friend Kelly. Needless to say we are all mending well. We take Tay to the Dr. tomorrow to find out if she needs casts. Right now she has these splints on her legs. She is one tough cookie....that is why we call her the "Taylornator!"

4 comments:

Jut and Char said...

hey shon, I'm glad to see you passed on your accident prone gene.

Jut

Jenn said...

oh my goodness....poor little Taylor. It is so hard to see your little ones get hurt. We are glad she doesn't need casts. Hopefully she'll heal fast.

Bonnie said...

I am so glad that everything is ok and that she doesn't have to wear casts! Poor thing. It is hard when your kids get hurt. You guys are awesome parents!

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

Em! I didnt even know about this! Hope she's doing better. Wow, what a traumatic event!