Wednesday, November 9, 2011

You're going to do what?

My sister Crystal ran her first marathon last summer and I was so proud of her.  She has been asking me to run a half marathon with her next June, 2012.  and after some persistent persuasion from her I have  agreed.  I am not a runner.  I have never enjoyed running.  I'm a dancer.  I find joy in creating movement, rather than putting one foot in front of the other.  I know running is much more than that but I struggle to find the joy in it.
 
Watching my sister accomplish her goal of running a marathon was wonderful.  I have a desire to work toward that goal as well.  So, I am going to accomplish half of what she did last summer.  I will begin my training in a couple of weeks.  I am nervous but excited.  I want to do this.   Right now I am on a mission to find some really good running shoes in my size.  I'm sure there are people with a size 3.5( in children's shoes) that run marathons.  At least I hope so or I might be walking instead of running.

1 comment:

{Brooke} said...

Way to go Em!!! That is awesome.