Friday, November 4, 2011

Sewing... a new adventure

As I previously stated, I like to try new things.  This Fall I started teaching dance.  It is a fun new adventure and keeps me active which I enjoy.  I am making skirts for my dancers Christmas recital.  I am not doing anything big but just making a standard skirt.  I attempted to follow my neighbors instructions and began to make a skirt last night for Avery.  I figure that if I can get her skirt right then I can begin on the others.  After two attempts, I cut both skirts too small.  So, I am on to plan B today.  I am going to my mom for help.  My mom is an amazing seamstress.  At one time she made wedding dresses.  She made all of my prom dresses.  I don't want her to do the work, I just need some guidance.  It has been since 12th grade that I have really sat down and sewed.  I think it is time.  I have 4 weeks to get 25 skirts made.  I have faith it will all come together, so wish me luck people because I think I'm going to need it!

2 comments:

Carol said...

25 skirts!!! Very brave. I'm sure they'll all turn out great!

Emily said...

Actually 26. I forgot one :) They are turning out to be really cute. I'm so glad my mom is helping me. She is wonderful. I'll take a picture and share once they are done!