Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lake Powell 09

We SURVIVED! I mean it is really hard to "survive" Lake Powell right? Well, this year for me it was. I was really worried about having two little toddlers on a house boat and one that has absolutely no fear of the water. My little Tay would find drowning in the water fun! Crazy...who's child do you think she is...SHON's! She really does take after her dad. Taylor loved the water and Avery was a bit more cautious (just like me). Since I was on my guard the entire week I really didn't have time to "relax" but I did LOVE the sun, wake boarding on perfect water, starry nights and late night chats with Avery. We stayed up late one night just chatting about all kinds of things. Each time I tried to say good night she said, "no mom, let's talk a little bit longer." It was fun to bond with her. I remember doing that with my dad as a kid out on our trampoline in our yard. We loved to sleep out on the tramp during the summer and sometimes my dad would lay out there with us and look at the stars and just chat. Good bonding moments!

I turned 31 while we were on the lake and it was a fun to celebrate with my entire family. I can't believe I am approaching "mid 30's." I must say that I do love my 30's so far. This has been a great time of life and I feel like I know what I am doing with my life. I guess you could say I feel a bit more grounded then during my 20's. I know I have much still to learn. Speaking of learning, Shon gave me guitar lessons for my birthday. I am excited to learn how to play and hopefully be able to sing with my girls. I hope it won't be too difficult for me so wish me luck. Thanks to all my friends that remembered my day. I received two birthday cards today from friends that were so kind, thoughtful and literally brought me to tears with their love for me. I am blessed to have incredible people in my life. I couldn't ask for more. I will post pics tomorrow.

No comments: