I have a serious sweet tooth and as a result I love to bake. A couple of weeks ago I craved a homemade cheesecake. I just had one problem. I don't have a husband that likes to eat (crazy, I know). Shon does however LOVE anything citrus so I put two and two together and figured I could make a lemon cheesecake. Now, I don't like to toot my own horn, but I have to say this was the best "darn" cheesecake I have ever made! Really....Cheesecake Factory watch out! It was so good I am making it again for Fathers Day. I wish I could claim the cheesecake as my own but I can't. Those of you (the three people that read my blog) if you are interested, you can access the recipe by clicking here.
This is a vanilla wafer crust (divine) with a lemon custard glaze on top. If you are intimidated at attempting to make your own cheesecake, let me just add that this was the second one that I have made and I am pretty proud of the way it turned out. One tip I would give is to place the cheesecake in a water bath so it bakes evenly. I also didn't use fat free cream cheese. It just doesn't taste the same. Good luck!

2 comments:
OK... so now I am confused! I managed to figure out what "AC" was (air conditioning), but a "Water bath" for a cheescake!?!?! Can you please explain!!?
The weather you're having is just like here. Very strange. Lots of rain then lots of sun all in 24 hours. But then, that's England! It's a wonder it hasn't snowed yet.
You are amazing at baking!! It is truly a talent of yours!
Post a Comment