Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Visit to Ontario

A couple weeks ago we went up to visit Ontario, OR, which is where Shon grew up. We haven't been there for 5 years (because we lived in Colorado) and decided it was time to show the girls where their daddy grew up. We stayed with Shon's brother Joey and his family. Thanks for letting us stay with you. It was a quick trip (2 days) and the drive was long and difficult for the girls but we wanted to show the girls the farm and introduced them to their great grandma Wettstein. She is an amazing lady. She is 93 and going strong. She wears me out! She made us a roast dinner, rolls, pie, veggies from HER garden (which she works in every day). Everything homemade! Way to go grandma! We love you.






Joey, Jenn, Kash & Taylor

We also went to visit Shon's dad (John) grave. We can't believe it has been 9 years since he passed away.



right next to grandpa John is his brother Ken. They both died very young



Shon and Joey were able to spend some good brother bonding time together. They went bird hunting! Shon shot a duck. Lucky for us, we have duck in our freezer. Anyone want to come for dinner!?!

8 comments:

Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob said...

Hi, Shon and Emily,

Bob Putnam here...I appreciated seeing pictures of your Ontario trip...I can't believe how well Grandma/Aunt Mid looks and am amazed she remains so active. I'm writing also to ask a question: I noticed that both your dad and Uncle Ken had Putnam as their middle name. Do your other uncles also share the same middle name? Just curious.

Whenever you plan a trip to San Diego, please let me know...We have plenty of guest rooms and would love to see you.

Karli said...

Emily, GREAT PICTURES! I am so touched to see them all - you and Shon, the girls, grandma, her house (I haven't been there in years), and dad's grave. Thank you for posting them....

Jut and Char said...

Grandma Wettstein, each time I go there and help to do dishes, I think she turns the water extra hot just to watch me squirm when I pull the dishes out of the sink. As for if our uncles middle names are Putnam I would probably say yes since each time I've had a kid Mildred has allways said your boys middle name is supposed to be the mothers maiden name.

Emily said...

I agree about the hot water. I did the dishes and it was super hot. I asked her if she wanted a dish washer, and in her cute voice she said, "No. Why do I need a dishwasher, when I can do it". Maybe I need to get rid of mine so I live to be 93!

Don said...

Great post Shon and Emily! It is always nice to see Aunt Mid and Ontario. Great job on the bird Shon!

Take care ... Don

Marcee said...

Yes grandma is wonderful! Glad that you could come and visit, I am sure that you made her week! I wish I knew that you were in town, I would love to meet the girls sometime. (I guess I'll have to give Jen heck for that one) My dad's middle name is Putnam also, just to give you a little family history. Have fun Treat or Treating with the girls tomorrow.

Shon said...

Just to clarify, that big bird I shot is a goose, not a duck!