Later that night we went out to dinner and caught a show. Dinner was a total experience. Our Italian waiter began to hit on me and told me that "I had his heart,". I wasn't sure how to react. I was flattered and a little embarrassed because I am only used to my husband paying attention to me. I am sure he was just looking for a good tip (which he got), or maybe it was the "smokey eye" make up (thanks to my makeup artist Robyn) but whatever the reason we received a free desert from him so at least it was worth it!!


(This is a nervous smile on my face!!)
After dinner Tracy and I went to see Wicked. Let me just say how phenomenal this show was. I LOVED IT. I have heard all the great reviews from friends and family so I was optimistic that it would live up to the hype, but wasn't sure. It completely blew me away. It is by far my most favorite show. We also saw Mary Poppins which was fun. Wicked was just the best I have seen. This was one of the great highlights of my trip. Before I left on my trip Avery told me that she wanted to be the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz for Halloween. After seeing this show I am so excited for her to be a witch! I love Elphaba!
After our show we took the subway to Serendipity 3. We got some frozen hot chocolate and carmel sundae and it was SO GOOD. I can see why it is a big novelty and so many people go there. I love the movie Serendipity so it was fun to see where the actual place was!
The next day we went shopping. And boy did we shop. We first stopped at Ground Zero where the twin towers fell. It was very sobering. I told my friends that I didn't know if I should smile for the pictures because I almost felt disrespectful. I remember being in England when 911 happened and shocked, just like everyone else, that people could be so evil. I am glad I was able to visit the sight and honor the people that died. There is a very reverent spirit there. It caused me to pause and reflect about my freedoms and how grateful I am for those who fight to protect that gift!
We then shopped at Century 21 which is INSANE!!! There are SO MANY people. It felt like Christmas shopping, but the lady at the check out said we came on a good day. I couldn't believe it. I hate shopping shoulder to shoulder with other people and feeling like I am in the way. But I did find a lot of great deals so I will probably go back the next time I am in NYC. We then went to Greenwich Village and SoHo. I loved both. Greenwich Village was probably my favorite. I came upon a cute little book shop where I found a lot of really great finds. It was a fun area of NYC, very different from the dirty hussel and bussel of Time Square. We then made our way to Canal Street which is something everyone needs to experience. People hardly speak English but they are willing to negotiate with you. I found a lot of great items there. We had fun laughing at all the knock offs that were misspelled , like Hogo for men and Donna and Robonna. Too funny.
way to see the temple. They were doing some renovating on the chapel so we weren't able to go to church there but it was great to see the temple in the middle of this busy busy city. Then we made our way to dinner. Robyn's relative who visits NYC often, recommended Rosa Mexicano and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. I loved it.
The last day we were there we finished off our shopping in Uptown Manhattan. We went to H&M, Forever 21, Daffy's, Rainbow and Conway's. We found so many great deals! I can't wait to go back!!
I have given a pretty lengthy report on my trip, which I apologize to anyone that has stuck with me and made it this far. Bottom line....I had so much fun seeing all these sights but the best part was being with my girlfriends. I don't think I have ever laughed so much. I am blessed to have 3 of the most wonderful friends in the world. I know I can count on them for anything and that is a real blessing. I learn so much from each of them. I can't wait for our next trip together!

10 comments:
So glad you had a great time. Your photos are fab. New York is SO BIG and you covered quite alot of it in such a short space of time. I can't wait to go back there either!! Thanks for sharing your photos.
Love and hugs, Carol x
Em...
I am so glad you posted pictures. I saw Marni's pictures on her blog and loved them and loved seeing yours as well. It sounds like you all hit the best parts of the City. I especially loved the "adult booster!" Good to see that things haven't changed that much:). Oh and I feel the same way about WICKED...love it!
Note to self... Don't let Char go to New York and especially to Itallian resteraunts with out me...
What a fun trip! I loved seeing Robyn, Tracy and Marni...such a fun group! I bet you 4 had such a great time. Tracy always had me rolling in laughter! I've never been to NYC, but it looks like you had a blast!
YEAH! You posted. So fun! I already miss you and NYC. I seriously love the booster seat...that was hilarious!
love my old city! isn't it the best?! so fun that you girls did that together. tell trace hi for me, her blog is private:( you girls look like you have so much fun together!
Wow! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We are glad you got to go.
Hey Ems-
It looks like you girls had a good old time in NYC!! That is great that you got to take a fun trip with the girls. You look great and your girls are so pretty! I hope everything is going great in your life. We need to catch up sometime.
I love NYC!! Phil served his mission there so we have been back almost every year. Wicked rocks! Love it, it is my fav of all the ones I've seen. Centry 21 is a mad house, but fun at the same time. I'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed good company!
WOW! What a great trip--it really makes me miss NYC!! I miss you, we need to get together! Tell Shon that Joe and I are both really impressed by his race--ugh, 200+ miles.....no thanks! :) Call when you get the chance and we'll get together!
Love ya!
Post a Comment