Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day


It has been a few years since we have celebrated the 24th of July. Living in Colorado, we would remember the pioneers but we really didn't do much more then that. I want to take a second before we run to a family BBQ to say "Happy Pioneer Day" to everyone. I am grateful for the pioneers. I have ancestors that joined the church in England and immigrated, crossed the plains and settled in the Salt Lake valley and Idaho. I am grateful for their faith and willingness to sacrifice so much for what they believed in. It is great to take a day and celebrate them and remember all they went through. I really can't imagine but I hope I can learn from them. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

1 comment:

busy busy mom said...

we miss getting to celebrate it as well. we spent our 24th going on the twin falls temple tour and remembering how blessed we are to be an eternal family. what a blessing we are able to enjoy because of our pioneer ancestors.