Monday, July 21, 2008

Finished round 2


It has been a few days since I finished the Twilight series, in preparation for the release of "Breaking Dawn "on Aug 2nd. Ohhh... it was so much better the 2nd time around. Let me share a few reasons why.

1. I was able to still be an attentive mommy. The first time I read the books I really think you could have called "child protective services" because I probably neglected my kids. Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad, but this time around I was able to put the book down and get the things done that "needed" to get done. I was still devoting a lot of attention to the books, but at least I was able to function as mommy. Bottom line.... my kids are still alive and happy, so I must have balanced everything okay.

2. I fell in love with Edward all over again. I just love this guy. I know he isn't real... I mean he is a vampire after all, but it was in Eclipse that I was able to really determine why I have such affection for him. When he tells Bella that he is "protecting her virtue." Oh... I love that. It is so rare in the "world" today that you find a guy that loves you so much that he wants to protect your virtue and his. It reminds me of some of the guys that I dated (back in my single days) and they too never did anything that would take away my virtue. How grateful I am for that. In today's world, we need guys that get this picture and understand why it is important. Oh.... and Edward does get it!

3. I came to understand Jacob better. The first time I read New Moon & Eclipse I caused some serious damage to my books by throwing them to the wall out of frustration with Bella. I couldn't understand why she would risk losing her relationship with Edward for Jacob. Knowing what would happen, I was able to more fully come to understand Jacob and his role in Bella's life. I am still an Edward fan 100% of the way but I have to say I came to like Jacob as well. I still hope that Edward prevails in the end. I can't imagine that Bella wouldn't choose him.

Needless to say I am very anxious to read the final book, as I know most everyone that has read the series is. Marni, my sister Lacey and I have reserved our books at Barnes & Noble for the 12:01 AM party on Aug. 2nd. I feel like I am back in my young adult days, going to American Idol concerts and midnight book parties but I have to say it is exciting. Pathetic, but exciting. A big shout out to my husband Shon for still loving me in spite of my silly ways. You are my "Shonward." Ohhh... I just can't wait.

2 comments:

Marni Bown said...

Em you are my inspiration to read these books and get a blog up and running. It is so good to have you moved back. Go Edward, my "unmortal" man.

Tonya said...

You crazy girl! I can barely get through book 1. I would say I am a bit lazy but #4 is killing me. Call me...we can hit the park, lunch or whatever!