Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Any Ideas for Lake Powell?

I am leaving in a few days for Lake Powell and I nee some help. This is the first year I will be on the lake with 2 mobile kids. I am a little worried about keeping them busy. Taylor is pretty easy. She is 14 months and can stay entertained with pretty much anything. Avery is almost 3 and I need some ideas to keep her busy. I have sand toys and bubbles and a videos but I don't think that will keep her attention all the time. She is such a busy little person. Any one have ideas of fun crafts or easy things to do? I am planning to make cookies one day and bust out the play dough but other then that I am really scratching my head for ideas. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Em,
Our family tradition every year going to Lake Powell was to make t-shirts. My mom would buy the cheap white tees and bring acrylic paint and we'd all design our own shirts as a trip souvenir. Might be a bit messy (and maybe your girls are too young) but we all loved it! Have a fun trip!!!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, how long are you down there for? Honestly your kids are going to have so much fun just throwing rocks in the lake, and being with family (I assume cousins) you may not even need to use all the stuff you just mentioned. My kids like spinning on blow up tubes and riding in the speed boat. We always play "Phase 10" with the older kids. And our rule is that 5 and under must wear life jackets at all times, even inside the houseboat.

Having said all that:
My Parents have taken us to lake powell every year since before I was born. Our family tradition is the MISS and MR. LAKE POWELL BEAUTY PAGEANT! We make toilet paper sashes, have the towel evening gown contest on the beach, talent section (skipping rocks, jet ski spins, dance) and of course swimsuit contest. It's a lot of fun for the kids and adults to watch and judge. What little girl wouldn't want to be crowned Miss Lake Powell? I still look forward to it every year.

Unknown said...

You've been tagged! Visit my blog for directions!

Jut and Char said...

When shon was younger I remember him singing the juicy fruit gum theme song and jumping fourteen feet off the side of a drainage ditch in to 2 feet of water, so I am sure if they get his genes they'll be happy just exploring, which if they have his accident prone genes could be dangerous...

you should ask him how he made money jumping off a cliff at Owhyee