Many of you probably know that since this past summer, we have been aching to get back to Salt Lake. We miss the valley, family and friends, great shopping (not a big fan of the shopping here in Co. Springs) etc. Over Thanksgiving my sister gave me a book called Remembering Wholeness by Carol Tuttle. If any of you are familiar with the book "The Secret," this is very similar to that, except it goes way more in depth and has a more spiritual basis, which hits home more to me. Carol talks about the law of attraction and the power of positive thinking. She then talks about how Heavenly Father has sent us here to earth to learn to be creators of our own lives. When we got home from our Thanksgiving vacation to Utah, Shon and I sat down and wrote out our goals....all of the things that we wanted and when we wanted them to happen. We tried to be very specific. The first goal that Shon wrote was that he wanted a new job in Utah that was a step up from what he was currently doing, that would give him more opportunity and that would happen by Jan 18 of this year. Shon has been very diligent in his efforts to find a new job in Salt Lake since about Oct.
Well, two weeks ago we didn't have very many solid opportunities but we talked about how we still believed that it could happen and we did everything we could to support that belief. Later that week, Shon was contacted by 4 companies that showed interest in him and this week he received a job offer that was exactly what we were looking for. Tomorrow is Jan 18th and after Shon signs the paper work.... it will be official. We are moving back to Utah thanks to our Heavenly Father and our faith in Him. All I have to say is that this entire process has been amazing and has totally strengthened both mine and Shon's faith. When we tell God what we want, align our will with His, then go forward and expect those things to happen, let's just say that anything is possible. We are living proof! Utah... here we come...
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Great news! That is really neat!
When you get a minute, Shon, email me and let me know what you're doing.
Take care,
Don
Yeah Emily! I can hardly wait to have you guys back. Summer will be so fun with the kids playing together and stuff. So when will this move happen?
Hurray! You're living proof that everyday miracles happen when we put our faith first. You are SUCH an inspiration to me. I really hope my little family can live more like yours. Thanks for the entry, and I can't wait to see you! No excuses to not get together now! :)
Congratulations Shon, and good luck with your move... I hate moving... Just throw everything away and start all over again, it's better than packing.
Jut
I'm with Jut. I hate moving.
But you got what you were praying for and that's fantastic. Colorado will miss you.
Good luck with your new job. Fresh starts are so exciting!
That is exciting news! Good luck with moving and everything. You guys are awesome!!
Steve's on the phone with Shon right now! What great news!!! Can't wait for you to get here! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you get settled back in.
So crazy! Carol is my husband's aunt...she lives right by us. I'm so glad you are making it back to Utah! What an incredible experience. Good Luck with the move!
Oh, I have that book. I should read it again. We are in the same boat, except unemployed and wanting to get out of UT. Looking for a nice house?
First time to your blog. I am Diana's sister.
Can't wait to see you. We need to get our girls together.
YAY!!! I am so excited for you (and me)!!! When does it look like you'll be here? You have always been an example of faith to me and you are being rewarded for it. Can't wait to see you!
What a fabulous story! That is amazing and so exciting that you get to go back to Utah. Way to go on going after your goals!
Congrats on the job and the move! Can't wait to see you guys and especially for cheese fries with you. Best of luck!!! :)
Post a Comment