Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Jane Austen Book Club


So... I love Jane Austen. She is such an incredible author and I completely enjoy reading her books. My favorite is Pride and Prejudice. I am sure all who have read this book would agree that Mr. Darcy is dashing and very agreeable. I am so excited for the new movie that is out called Jane Austen Book Club. Currently I am reading Northanger Abbey, which is not one of her most popular novels, but it is still excellent. I love her bit of humor that she brings into each story. This is a great book. I have never read it before and I am really enjoying it. I don't know what it is about Jane Austen but I love all of her writings. I think in a small way it reminds me of England and all that I love about that country. It is so beautiful there and rich in history. I feel a close connection with the people I love so much when I am reading her stories. One of the best memories I have was visiting Mr. Darcy's home Pemberley in Derbyshire before I returned home from my mission. Mom, Lacey, Crystal and I all walked down the famous steps that Mr. Darcy walked down when he was racing out to stop Elizabeth Bennet. (If you haven't seen the A&E movie version of Pride and Prejudice... it is a must. It is 6 hours long but it is completely worth it). What a great love story!

No comments: