Friday, October 3, 2008

Top Five Favs of Fall

I am growing to love Fall more and more but to be honest, I really hate to see the warm weather leave and my pale skin return. There are however a few things that I love about Fall....

5. Halloween & Thanksgiving

This year my girls are going to be little witches for Halloween. I love seeing them get excited helping me make their costumes. It's the little things they find excitement in and I am thankful for that. I also love Thanksgiving and taking the time to reflect and give gratitude where it is due. (This is a picture of a cute card found at Tangled & True)

4. Yummy Food


I love all the great food that comes with this time of year. I love the apple and pumpkin pies, turkey and stuffing. The yummy candy from trick or treating. I love the smell of hot wassail and apple cider. But my all time favorite are the candy yams with melted marshmallows on top! Yummy to my tummy if I do say so.

3. The Changing Colors


I love how vibrant and beautiful all the trees and plants are just before they fall. Living near the mountains we have such a beautiful view of all the colors just outside our window. The other day I took the girls out and we collected some of the leaves that had just changed and made an art craft. It's the perfect ending to a wonderful summer and a great way to appreciate this fall season.

2. College Football



There is nothing better then going to a game and cheering for your team, especially when they are a really good team. I love the excitement and suspense when watching a football game and the joy that comes when they throw a long bomb for a T.D. or break a tackle for a 50 yard run! Nothing is better. Sorry to all my Ute friends but....Go Cougars!

1. General Conference



This is my number 1 love for both the Spring & Fall seasons. It is so uplifting and rejuvenating. I always receive the counsel that I need to be a little bit better and the tools to be stronger and follow Christ. I receive answers to my questions and the Spirit enlightens my mind. I can only think of a few other places when I feel closer to God and His Son. I feel the love radiate from our sweet prophet and the apostles and feeling their love motivates me to be a better wife and mother and gives me the strength to meet the challenges of life. This number 1 love is the perfect introduction to this season of my life.

4 comments:

Marni Bown said...

I love fall too. I also love the new background. So great to see you the other day.

Unknown said...

Cannied yams are a favorite here too. I'm the one incharge of making them every Thanksgiving!

Marni Bown said...

I tagged you. Check my blog to find out the details.

{Brooke} said...

I had fun sitting by Shon at the game. I laughed every time his voice cracked from cheering loud!!!