Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My American Idol Experience

My cousin Heidi and me (we had such a great time)



Last night I went with my mom and sisters to the American Idol concert here in Salt Lake. This was the first year that I really watched American Idol and had favorites. The girls in our family decided for my moms birthday we would take her to the concert because she is a big fan as well. So this is a report on my experience.
It has been a few years since I have been to a concert. I honestly think I haven't been for about 10 years (sad I know) and the last concert I went to was in Reno to see Vince Gill and Bryan White (great concert and totally worth the drive).

We showed up just before the show was about to start and my cousin Heidi was standing outside the E center waiting for us. She was so excited because she saw David Archuleta's dad and got a picture of him. Then as we were walking in she said "Hey, there is David's mom." So she and my mom walked over and got a picture with her. I just laughed and was a little embarrassed but I thought "Hey, if we are going to have fun, why not do it all the way." When the show started I knew exactly who I wanted to see. My favorites of this season was Brooke White, David Archuleta and David Cook. The entire concert was really great. Every single performer sounded amazing. I honestly can't remember being in a concert where the performer(s) sounded as good.


When Brooke hit the stage I was so excited. She said "Hello, Utah.... This is the Place!" We all went crazy. She is so great and sounded AMAZING. She sang my favorite song of the season "Let it Be" and then closed with an amazing performance of "Yellow." I love her so much more now then when she was on the show. She sounded great, singing the style of songs that fit her voice. I hope to hear more of her in the future. She is beautiful.


Then....David Archuleta finally hit the stage. I WAS DYING. I laughed so hard because here I am a married mom of 2 and I was screaming for David like I was a 12 year old. Pathetic....but totally worth it. The best was that my mom was standing next to me screaming even louder then me, and for good reason. He sounded better then I could have imagined. He is they type of performer that doesn't need fire works and a loud band and a circus going on stage to give an amazing show. His voice does it all by itself. He is like a Michael Buble, Sting, or Vince Gill where I could pay 100 bucks just to listen to him and come away 3 hours later totally fulfilled and satisfied. Not to mention he was so dang cute. He is himself and is real and I love that. Just a down home little Mormon boy from Utah that likes to sing and laughs at all of us screaming for him thinking we are a little crazy (I am sure that is what goes through his head). At the end of his last song, he wiped a tear because we wouldn't stop screaming for him. All I have to say is that David has a great future ahead of him and I am a fan 100%. At the end of it all, I have to say that when Archuleta finished his last song, I was disappointed and wanted to hear more. I am anxiously waiting to hear his CD and see him in concert again.

Now, for David Cook. I liked him but not as much as Archuleta. He really sounded great live and does a lot more on stage (I think to make up for his voice like so many other artists do when they perform). He sang really well and I like his music. He and Archuleta are just totally different. He was fun to watch though.
So, my AI experience was great. Will I go to an AI concert again, probably not, but this one time was totally worth the screaming, tears, excitement and all. I know, I know.... I am pathetic, but to be honest, I really don't care!

All of the girls in my family (except for Aubrey & Bonnie....we missed you guys)



No comments: