Sunday, March 23, 2008
Happy Easter
We hope you all had a fabulous Easter. We really had a great weekend. Saturday morning Shon and I went to the temple and did an endowment session. While I was sitting in the temple I thought how wonderful it was to be able to go to the temple on Easter weekend. For me, I felt that there was no better way to remember the Savior and the reason why I celebrate Easter, then at the temple. It was so great. Later that afternoon we went to the Critchfield's for an Easter egg hunt and party afterwards. The kids had so much fun. Taylor really had no clue what was happening but she did enjoy herself. Avery really had a great time. Next year I think Taylor will have a lot more fun. Grandma really put a lot of work into the egg hunt. Thanks Grandma! After she had the grand kids decorate cookies and color eggs. It was so much fun. We enjoyed our time over at the Critchfield's.
This morning, the kids woke up and were so excited to see their Easter baskets. Okay, really only Avery, but Taylor was interested as well. Avery loved her new Easter dress. They had matching dresses, the only difference was that Avery's dress was pink and Taylor's yellow. Avery received a pink hat to go along with the new dress. She wore it to church and it was so dang cute. She is so good about wearing hats. She is all girl. Church was so wonderful. I love Easter Sunday. I really love every Sunday but I just am so grateful to celebrate the sacrifice of the Savior and remember Him always. Then we came home from church and had our own special meal prepared. We had BBQ ribs (yummy), home made Col slaw, baked beans and biscuits. I know, I know, this isn't the classic Easter meal but it was great. We really missed Papa Goof, since he is in Boulder visiting his kids for Easter. Don't worry, we saved you a couple of ribs :) For us, Easter was so wonderful. I am grateful to be able to remember the Savior and all that he did for us. He is the reason why we have so much joy in our family. Hope you all enjoyed your Easter just as much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment