
Today really feels like Monday to me. I usually feel all energized after going to church on Sunday. It's like a shot in the arm for me and I get "pumped up" for the week, but today I am really dragging. I could hardly get out of bed and when you have two little babes there is no sleeping in past 7 AM. I love my girls, but they really know how to feed off one another. Of course Taylor did not want to go down for her usual morning nap, and while I am trying to get Taylor to sleep, Avery comes in to Taylor's room and creates havoc. Once Ave is on a roll, there is no stopping her. She is such a busy little person. When I tell her not to get into something, she is into another something that she shouldn't be into. How is it that two year olds just KNOW what they aren't suppose to get into....yet they still do. Mom, was I like this? Kerri...what about Shon? I need to know who to blame for this!!!
Inspite all of the craziness, my girls still make me smile. Avery is starting to say all kinds of words and is beginning to put words together. I can't believe she is getting so old. It is fun to watch her explore and learn so much. She loves to say "ANIMALS" and "SHOES", and carry her little purse around. She is such a little woman. The other day I found her in my bathroom (my mistake for not keeping the door closed) and she had my mascara all over her mouth and her face. She obviously thought it was lipstick. When I found her I didn't know whether to laugh or yell. I mean this was my makeup of all things :) Before I could decide my reaction, she looked up at me and said "Pretties". I just had to laugh. I wish I had taken a picture, but I know it won't be the last time she is into something that she shouldn't be into. I was able to sit down and read the scriptures this morning, which if I don't make a conscious effort to set aside the time each day, it just doesn't happen. Some days are better then others, but today was one of those days I was able to just read. It was so nice. I am trying to study the Old Testament since Shon is teaching early morning Seminary this year and that is what they are studying. (side note) It has been so wonderful having Shon teach seminary. I was a little worried that it would add more stress to our lives but it has completely done the opposite (funny how that works isn't it!). I told Shon I don't ever want him to stop teaching. The Spirit is SO MUCH Stronger in our home. Shon likes to push buttons and he can't anymore because he needs the Spirit each day to teach (ha,ha). I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for selecting him to do this. I am trying to study along with him each day as a way to grow and also support him. I have always struggled with the Old Testament but it is really coming alive to me. Today I studied about Abraham and the promise the Lord gave to him and Sarah. I really feel for Sarah. I think sometimes how I hardly have the energy to keep up with my kids, I can't imagine what it would be like to be 90 and find out I'm prego. That would probably do me in. But, the Lord answers our prayers according to His time table so I am sure it was a blessing her her and Abraham. I also studied in the Book of Mormon today. I just love that book. I feel so close the the Lord each time I study from it. It's like my mind is just opened to everything when I sit down and ponder and read from it. Lately I have really been struggling with the weight of being a mom. It often reminds me of the weight I felt when I was a missionary. There is so much responsibility and a lot on the line. I have really been pleading with Heavenly Father to help me be patient and find the joy in my calling as a mom. There was a verse I read today in Mosiah that really spoke to me.
Mosiah 9:18
"And God did hear our cries and did answer our prayers; and we did go forth in his might;"
I loved this verse because it reminded me that God does and WILL answer my prayers and because of that I can continue to go forth in His Might. That is so awesome to me. To know that he will go before me and carry my burdens and make them light for me is just an awesome thing. God is so good.

1 comment:
This is beautiful Em. I love who you are, still the same sister missionary I always loved. Thank you for reading your scriptures, for making the effort. So many people don't and it's not always easy and I just think it's so great you do! President Wightman taught us well!! :)
Post a Comment