Today Avery went to play with her friend Kaylee. When I drove up to her house to drop Avery off, she started to say with excitement "KAYLEE...KAYLEE." I love that she is getting to the age where she is able to make friends. She loves to play and it is fun to see her get along with other kids. Now I know my kids aren't perfect, but in my eyes...they are pretty darn close :)
Kaylee's mom Kaydee is such a sweet heart and is one of my closest friends here. I have missed Utah because I haven't made very many "close" friends in Colorado Springs. Kaydee is such a life savor. She watched Avery today so that I could go do some shopping. I can't tell you how much I took shopping for granted before I had my girls. Venturing out to the shops is no easy task when you have 2 small kids. The other day I was standing in the check out line with both (yes BOTH) kids screaming at the top of their lungs. I looked down in embarrassment and thought "I am that lady." You know, that lady that everyone looks at and thinks... "can't you control your children." Since I have become a parent I have learned how little control I have of some situations. I can't believe that in such small little people there are such big and lively spirits. When Avery says her prayers each night (with our help of course) she always asks Heavenly Father to help her learn to be obedient. Hopefully sometime soon her desire to be obedient will kick in. As for now... we are enjoying the terrible 2's!
So when Kaydee said... "let Avery come over and play with Kaylee today" I quickly jumped at the chance. Aren't friends wonderful? I love having a friend like Kaydee. She makes my life that much easier and that is why having friends is such a blessing. It is great knowing that someone is there when you really need them.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I totally understand about being "that lady." I find myself in that situation soooo many times. Gracie is just so lively. Sometimes it is so embarrassing, but most of the time I don't mind. I decided I don't want to stiffle her active little spirit. That is part of what I love about her. Your girls are darling and I love your blog. Come check us out at alifefullofgrace.blogspot.com
Post a Comment